Thread: Support Browser issues/questions
View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
tommo47
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC One, HTC Desire S
Carrier: Orange (Panther)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffsri View Post
My One has started on a go slow. Nearly everyday now I try to connect to the net and the little blue bar takes ages to cross the screen then stops at about a third across. The only thing that seems to speed things back up is a phone restart.

Am I missing something, is there a simple fix or do I have to put up with it?

Oh yeah doesnt matter what connection I have, does it at home, work and on my MiFI
I've had exactly the same problem with the stock browser for the last few weeks and have been trying to see if I can get a pattern of events/actions. It happens quite irregularly and up to now I haven't been able to tie it down, although I have a feeling it could be related to having a number of tabs open and switching between them.

The browser becomes totally unresponsive, if I exit and relaunch it just hangs on page load. A force close and relaunch clears it.

I'm running Dolphin, Chrome and Opera Mini as well as stock, and all three are trouble free and there is no evidence of a problem with any other app or process.

I've had the One since middle of June, it's unrooted and I have 15Gb free memory.

At the moment I'm pretty sure it's a stock browser problem and will continue to try and find what triggers it.

Update.
I've just done a Google search and found this :-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2324525 .
Last edited by tommo47; September 13th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo47 For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 13th, 2013), marctronixx (September 13th, 2013)