Thread: Support Camera clarity
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
LolitaMackenzie
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmn View Post
Not sure what this means. Any camera...you need to hold the camera steady when taking the photo...even with high shutter speeds and some sort of image stabilization.

As SebaKL said...it's all about the quantity and quality of the light. Mega pixels really is a useless metric for digital camera quality. The S4 has a 13MP sensor and my Nikon D700 has a 12MP sensor. Which camera is better? Obviously, the D700 is light-years ahead of the S4 in quality. Larger sensor, larger photo-sites.

With that said, in good light, this camera is pretty good. If the light is anything else than good, the camera sucks. Which is standard for any sensor that is so small. That's why the HTC One does better in low light...it uses larger photo-sites (but less of them).

This photo was taken with the S4 using the HDR mode. Not bad for a phone. But if the light was at dusk then the photo would suck using this camera.

You need to understand the limitations of your tools and then learn how to properly use the tools you have to maximize results.

If I take a photo, its clear but doesn't save clear, crisp. However, I have to hold my finger on it to become clear and tap it fast for it to save clear.

Here is example 1. Not holding the finger on the screen: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/fyu8hjr6hklp2ss/SVbTRqxBZz

Example 2: holding my finger on the screen https://www.dropbox.com/sc/v23zbzhrdao2fcv/PyjRAy5hMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
It's true that outdoor pics w/ the S4 are great, but indoor pics, esp. if lowly lit, are pretty bad.

LOL @ the condom pic.
I didn't realise you had to have so much light. I'm so used to the iPhone camera but I found out Samsung has made the iPhones camera for all their phones up to 4s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebaKL View Post
I was looking for suitable item, and that box seemed perfect
Then, after posting, I realized the OP was a lady, and I felt like
a chauvinistic, sexist pig.

cheers
That's fine, I knew what you were trying to demonstrate. I'm not easily offend or a famine-nazi