View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
atrain311

Device(s): Too many to keep track of. But most recently a Note 2 and Note 3.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Verizon rarely, if ever, gets pre-launch devices for display. Based on my experience with them, everything arrives on the UPS truck just before launch and employees can't touch it until launch day. They break out the display stuff and put it out that morning before the store opens.

So the odds of finding a Verizon store with a Note 3 out before launch will be remote: chances are very good that the first Note 3s they see will be customers bringing in pre-ordered phones for activation that were shipped straight to the customers from distribution centers.

It's a shame that this is the case nowadays because a few years ago they did have the Incredible shortly before release and it was because I got to play with it (obsessively...I was in the store every night for what felt like forever) that I was happy to make the switch from my BB. A decision I will never regret. So, they might get a few more converts if they went back to this approach. By the way, the Incredible was an awesome phone for the time.