View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Darnell0216

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S 4 vMJA Rooted, HTC EVO Design 4G v4.0.3 Bootloader Unlocked & Rooted
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmxDex View Post
I charged my phone up and left overnight with wifi on. I have disabled alot of apps and samsung stuff. I have power saving mode on.

So I lost 3% over night thats without airplane mode on. Once the phone starts getting use like going through phone settings and surfing the internet via wifi my phone gets warm and the battery drains fast. My battery life was 86 when I woke up 2 hours ago its now 48. Thats poor.

Should I try to get a new battery?
This could be one of three things depending on when you got your phone. If you've just bought it, knowing your carrier and software version helps.
Software conflicts from a system update
- Software conflicts from a system update, although this one usually doesn't let your phone lose just 3% overnight.
- Bad battery. Again, odd that you would be able to survive the night without power loss (unless the phone lied, lol).
- Google services have a hiccup causing a power drain and was only able to do it when you turned data back on.

Have you checked your battery page to see if anything looks out of place? Usually if something is draining more battery than your screen, something's wrong with that app.

If it ain't broke, use a sledge hammer.