View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #30885 (permalink)
HanSolo

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Also I am kind of leaning towards the LG G2 right now, but I do want to get hands on a Note 3 just to see the size difference.

The reviews on the G2 are outstanding, just sucks I need to buy it off contract. I wonder where the cheapest place to do that is.

OR I can suck it up and find a way to only use 2GB data monthly.
Stigy, I can tell you the G2 is awesome! First phone I've had where I don't want another launcher on it.

Cheapest place at the moment is probably Verizon at $599. That's what I had to do. I could never do 2 GB or even 6 GB per month. I'm already at 12 GB and it's 3 days into my cycle.

However, I'm thinking about unrooting it, returning it to Verizon, paying an extra $100 to buy it at Best Buy for $699, rooting it, enjoy it, then when the Note 3 comes out, if it blows me away, unroot G2, return it, get my $699 back, go to Verizon, and buy the Note 3.

My wife says it's borderline money laundering, but I do it all the time. I've got "elite" status at Best Buy Reward Zone, so I have 45 days to return.