View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #30887 (permalink)
Stigy
Some say...

Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
Stigy, I can tell you the G2 is awesome! First phone I've had where I don't want another launcher on it.

Cheapest place at the moment is probably Verizon at $599. That's what I had to do. I could never do 2 GB or even 6 GB per month. I'm already at 12 GB and it's 3 days into my cycle.

However, I'm thinking about unrooting it, returning it to Verizon, paying an extra $100 to buy it at Best Buy for $699, rooting it, enjoy it, then when the Note 3 comes out, if it blows me away, unroot G2, return it, get my $699 back, go to Verizon, and buy the Note 3.

My wife says it's borderline money laundering, but I do it all the time. I've got "elite" status at Best Buy Reward Zone, so I have 45 days to return.
Yeah every review I read seems to indicate the same.

I am going to wait for the Note 3 to come out and then make a decision from there. I have my Dad's old Bionic to hold me over until the end of month and hopefully my saved Android ad revenue can just let me buy the phone outright.

I really don't want to upgrade and lose unlimited data or go to Verizon Edge due to it being a huge ripoff from everything I have read.

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.