View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain311 View Post
Thanks for the info and link. I'm not really learned in the way of screens other than what I read on this thread. I know there's some difference in opinions about this technology, but I'm sure I'll be happy regardless.

I do have one question though for those who are in the know. Will this screen be okay for direct sun situations? Or just sunlight for that matter? That is one thing I'm not a fan of about my current N2. Thanks!
Pentile displays have typically been known to save power, but also increase visibility in sunlight. How it is when comparing use of a super amoled display vs. Lcd, I'm not sure.

I hope it improves viewing in direct sunlight, but I always knew that was a drawback of amoled displays in general. I think the s4 folks probably have a discussion going on how that device performs in sunlight, so you might want to check there. It would be a similar experience with the Note 3, I'd imagine
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
atrain311 (September 17th, 2013)