Thread: General Need help deciding!
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
zendroid

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootmien View Post
.My advice to you is this: Don't buy a Note 3 on day one. Wait and see what people say about it first. However, please bear in mind that more often than not people only seek out a web forum to post up if they are having issues with their device, not when everything is going swimmingly, so take a lot of those posts with a small amount of salt. The best thing you can do is to see if there are any trends, read the professional reviews and comparisons and just ease into it gently.
This is extremely good advice. It's the same approach I usually take. However I'll be the first to admit I let my enthusiasm get the best of me.

As a result I do realize I'm gambling by pre-ordering a day one Note 3. Yet that said, I'm fortunate to have a very good SGS 4, which I will fall back on in the event my Note 3 is bug ridden, has major annoyances, or otherwise fails to fill my needs. I'm that way about my laptops too, always having a new "spare" on hand. Redundant as it is, the peace of mind is worth it