Thread: General Memory cards in N3
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
How is it a trick question?

Ultra high speed (as far as I know) data transfer doesn't work unless the device is compatible. So if its not it wont benefit by the UHS data transfer. You can use UHS in the N3 but if its not UHS compatible you wont' benefit from using that particular standard of card.

Think this makes sense...!

The reason I am asking is that there are class 10 cards available both with and without it. The cost difference is like a , so just interested to know whether it works with the UHS standard.
Sorry, just realized you're from the UK, so my mention of the Photon probably meant nothing to you.

The Motorola Photon was the first motorola superphone (Android) offered on Sprint. That was 2 years ago and it was stuck on Gingerbread. I had a 64gb UHS-1 card in that phone before and it worked perfectly. All that was required was formatting the card in the phone.

I know there are some blogs mentioning compatibility issues, but I think it's more a misnomer than anything.