View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencurt24 View Post
Sounds like Sprint is going to release the Note 3 on Oct 2nd.
TS had posted the IBTimes article in the Sprint sub-forum last night. The main issue I have with believing the article 100% is the part that mentions a "sprint representative" as the source.

LOL...For anybody that has tried to get launch information in the past, the #1 caveat in looking for information is when the "source" is a Sprint representative. And it's not like they said "corporate" representative, so it could easily just be some random sales representative, who would not have anymore information than whatever is read online. To me, as of right now, it sounds like the representative gave a "calculated" guess, but doesn't really know the actual date.

That said, I had also mentioned in a couple threads that I went to the Samsung Experience area at my local Best Buy, just to see if they were given any indication of when Sprint would be offering. For those that don't know, the representatives at the Samsung Experience boutiques (in Best Buy stores) are actually Samsung employees, not Best Buy employees. When I spoke to the representative, he mentioned that they don't know a specific date for Sprint, but did go on to say that Sprint will likely release around the same time as all the other carriers, which was encouraging enough to know that Sprint won't be delaying the release until the end of the month (which is really what I was anticipating/expecting).

Nonetheless, I'm taking the IBTimes article with a grain of salt and just waiting for a formal announcement. I'll be bringing my phone in either this weekend or next weekend to get my trade-in value from Best Buy for my Note 2 and be ready for the upgrade, whenever Sprint formally offers through Best Buy.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (September 22nd, 2013)