View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:00 AM   #112 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
Maybe it's early, but I couldn't wait for the Verizon HTC one. Any idea when there will be a Cyanogen Mod, root guide, etc? There were a couple of posts on XDA a while back, but nothing much to see that I can find.

Mike
so you have a verizon one,correct? your post does somewhat lead us to believe youve purchased a different modle rather than wait for vzw.

if you have any other variant,this guide works fine,and if you happen to be on un-s off-able firmware from att or t mobile,dongrades exist.

if youh ave vzw,you had to have gotten it on release day an unlocked it before they shut the door,or you have to be willing to send your phone to colorado to an xda member whose purchased a java card to s-off using a diag file: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2441299

once youve gotten s-off,you can use this guide,you just need to use a vzw compatible recovery. there are directions in the 2nd post of that thread to install recovery without unlocking the bootloader as well.

unfortunately,the cid and radio secure flag are locked down pretty tight. there may eventually be a software expolit to either unlock ot s off,but nothing on the immediate horizon.

i personally send my one x to sonic,and had no issues. if you want root/s off its a perfectly viable option.

they are working on cm 10.2 for the vzw one,but its not stable at this point,to my knowledge,but i do not really follow that development.

just holler if ya have any more questions!
donate to my device fund