Thread: General Memory cards in N3
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
bonerp
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGN3 on O2 UK
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
The OP asked if the N3 would support the UHS-1 class 10 transfer rates. Anybody know? What about the N2 or GS4 do they?

Anybody know or understand how two microsd cards that are both class 10 and UHS-1 can have vastly different speeds? I have a sandisk ultra that claims 30MB/s while in another post someone referred to a Samsung pro model that is 70MB/s.

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

If the note 3 does support the uhs-1 and class 10 speeds then I might just switch to the Samsung card. But still don't understand the speed difference in those two brands above
kinda my point....if UHS-1 compatibility in the N3 is present then saving to the card will be quicker than a non UHS-1 compatible device. The price difference between uhs-1 and non uhs-1 cards is negligible so cost wasnt my concern and the uhs-1 cards can be used at normal speeds in a non compatible device...was just wondering whether the n3 is uhs-1 compatible.