Thread: General Verizon pre-order questions
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:33 AM   #111 (permalink)
jetguat

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob52r View Post
i said good bye to my verizon store manager today as I explained it was time to move to t-mobile and cut my monthly bill in half. the manager has known me for a while.

I was told to call the verizon loyalty name through customer service and I did so.

my current unlimited everything plan with insurance of $5.18 per month works out to about $144. the offerred me the following incentive for either a one or two year contract:

$60 per moth for unlimited talk and text in the usa--no roaming. 2 gigs of 4 lte data and $10 for each extra gig without limit. i only go over 2 gigs per months on rare occasions when I have longer driving trip with google maps and pandora going for many hours.
-i can continue to use teathering through a third party application.
- extra charges including tax, verizon fees and my basic $5.18 monthly insurance is about $74 per month
-----------------------
I am eligible for an upgrade subsidy. my new one year contract would start tomorrow. if I chose to up grade, then I will be obligated to extend my special LOYALY PROGRAM CONTRACT for two years from the upgrade date
under this special rate plan.

To me this makes more sense than moving to t-moble--they got me and i am giving up my unlimited data plan.

Maybe I misread this, but its not really that great. Anyone on vzw unlimited can go and get the Verizon maxx plan. $30 for 6Gb p/month. So everything else would stay the same, but you get subsidized phone, replace $29.99 with $30. Its there way to try and get folks off unlimited