Thread: Support SD Card Issues - Need Help
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
BigRedGonzo
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Default SD Card Issues - Need Help

Saturday morning we were out doing some stuff around town and my wife had a place where she wanted to go. We weren't really sure the best way to get there, so I used Google Now to find the address and navigated to the store. When I picked my phone up, it was very warm, which is not normal. There was also an icon in the notification area that I wasn't familiar with, so I pulled down the shade and was greeted with a notice saying that there was no SD card inserted.

It had been a day or so since I rebooted my phone so I turned it off and back on. After it had time to reboot and get everything up and running, I went to settings>more settings>storage and checked the SD card. It said, "Mount SD Card." I tapped it and the phone froze and in a few seconds I got a message saying that Setting had stopped working and gave me the option to wait or ok. I tapped wait and the same message came up again in a few seconds, so I tapped OK. The phone then rebooted itself.

I pulled the battery and grabbed my wife's phone and pulled the SD card from her phone and popped it into my phone. Turned it back on and things seemed to be fine, so I figured the SD Card was trashed and put her's back into her phone. We swung by Target and I bought a new Sandisk Ultra 64GB card. I popped it into the phone and all seemed well. It recognized the card without issue. When I got home, I put all my music back on the card and all was well.

Yesterday I got the "No SD card inserted" error again. At this point I decided that an FDR was in order, so I did one. I noticed during the FDR that the word "Error" appeared under the little Android dude a couple of times during the process, but upon starting back up everything seemed to be working properly again. I did not hurry to start setting things back up again.

This morning I had the same thing happen. "No SD card...". I did another FDR, but now I am wondering whether it is time to take the phone back in to the VZW store and see if I can't get it replaced. I got it in May and the Samsung warranty on the phone is one year.

I need some opinions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

TIA,

If what I said helped, feel free to hit the "Thanks" button.