View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
jhawkkw

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 5,836 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
Remember that a 16GB phone includes the ROM, so the amount of usable space is less. Plus your apps live there too, whereas they probably weren't on your SD. So if you were only using half of your 16GB sd then you should be fine. If you were used to using most of it then you'd probably have to be a bit more careful with a 16GB phone.

Now I'm hoping that Google have joined the real world and will (at least) release the N5 in 16GB and 32 GB flavours (ideally 64GB), rather than the 8/16 of the N4. But given that they went backwards when they introduced an 8GB N4 I'm not betting on anything.
I have hope that it will come in the 16/32 options. The Nexus 7 last year started out only having 8/16 while this years model started with 16/32. So I'm hoping that trend continues.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4