View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
jetguat
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I usually skip the extended warranty, my credit card covers me there. I chose insurance through Verizon for a couple of reasons:
1. Coverage limits much higher. If you are a klutz with your phone, assurion coverage is good for three full phone replacements. Most third party insurance is only good for one.
2. Covers loss and theft.
3. I usually don't carry insurance the full 2 years. After a while, the difference between buying a comparably specd phone off eBay or Craigslist or swappa, or repair parts to fix damage myself, and the deductible are no longer wide enough to justify insurance. So I cancel it when that happens and self insure from that point on. Usually happens Around the 1 year mark. The third party plans are all up front, so you don't have that option.
Exactly what I was gonna do. Use my credit card for extended warranty. So that's the two years there. Use the Asurion to $5.18 p/month from Verizon. It helps that your can cancel whenever. So like you once its closer to time for a new phone, will likely just drop the coverage.

Don't normally do extended protection. But paying full price on my white N3 coming, I guess I wanted protection from myself or my kids accidents.