View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPigL View Post
As far as flash support. Does anyone use Flashify to get their on-phone browser (Boat or Dolphin, or ::shudders:: Firefox) to have Flash support? Someone mentioned this to me and I'm trying to understand how it works.
Adobe discontinued creating/updating flash support last year, but for current phones (and older phones), you can download the official Adobe Flash apk onto the phone and side-load flash. There are only certain browsers that will still support flash (e.g. stock browser, dolphin, firefox, boat...not sure what others).

Once you've installed the apk onto the phone, you'll need to enable plug-ins on the browser you're using (the settings are different for each of the browsers, but you'll see them when going into the settings for the browser). Dolphin is the most straight forward, as it clearly states "enable flash." Dolphin only recently re-applied the flash setting enable/disable toggle, but I haven't used that browser in quite some time.

If you want to see instructions, it's been discussed in several of the forums, but the easiest would be to look at the Note 2 forums, as that would be the closest process to the Note 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
FlyingPigL (September 24th, 2013)