Thread: General Note 3 or Htc One?
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bratone
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Vodafone

Default Note 3 or Htc One?

Hello everyone.
I want to buy a new phone and I'm stuck between Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the HTC One.Next, I will tell you what I like and what I don't like about these 2 smartphones.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I like the specs.I mean with 3 GB Ram and a quad-core/octo-core of 2,3 GHZ who wouldn't ? I also like the S-Pen a lot but I'm not sure I will use him on a daily basis.
What I don't quite like is the screen size.I understand that it is a phablet, but I think it will be awkward to hold a phone of that size at my ear.

HTC One

Here, I like the design a lot, I think it has the best design on the market, it is very elegant and classy.The aluminium is also a big plus, compared to Samsung's plastic.The screen size it's perfect and I don't see how you will make a bad impression with such a nice phone in your hand.
What I don't like is that you can't remove the battery so if you damage it you can get rid of the phone, and I also don't like that it doesn't have a slot for the memory card.

Here in Romania, the Note 3 is aprox. 965 $ while the HTC One is 785 $, which is a big difference if you ask me.

So, does the Samsung deserve all the praise and the extra 200 $ ? To be honest with you, I'm not that rich and I can't afford a phone this expensive every year or every two years, so my fear is that if I buy the HTC, in a two years time the phone won't be able to support the new applications anymore.The Note 3 comes like I said with 3 GB Ram and a strong processor, so I think that the era of 2 GB Ram phones will come to an end, like it happened to the 1 GB Ram phones also, and I also think that the Note 3 is a road opener for the next generation of smartphones.Am I right here or it is just a stupid affirmation ?

Please take your time because I really need some good pieces of advice, thanks to everyone who will read and answer to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bratone For This Useful Post:
chong67 (September 24th, 2013)