View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
Dashclock is very good.

Widgetlocker worth a try too? Lets you put widgets directly on the homescreen.

For me I use Dashclock, but in practice tend to just pull down the notification shade and do things from there.
I have absolutely loved Widgetlocker from the first day I used it. For me, I prefer the notifications not popping up on top of the homescreen, but the great thing about widgetlocker is that it can be customized with widgets (so, you could have widgets with texts, emails, etc. on the lockscreen).

I prefer having access to the notification bar, so whenever I get a message, I just pull the notification bar down, click on the message, and when I'm done reading I just back out and it goes straight back to lock mode. I'm not one to just press the home button to exit, so some don't like the vulnerability of being able to unlock in that manner. I have a protected password on my phone, in addition to the unlock screen, due to work, so when the password activates (after a certain amount of time has passed without activity), the notification bar locks as well.