View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
jmt9779

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, ASUS Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
but I guess this will be back again for quite a time. . check your running apps again.. I did this days ago, and after x hours, google services is back at the running apps. . .
what Goodspike said above is exactly what happened to me. my battery was fine, then one day google services was KILLING it (between 50-70% battery usage). i spent hours on these forums researching it and trying everything i could to fix the issue (whatever the "issue" actually was). nothing really worked. then one day, after about 1-1.5 weeks, it just went back to normal on its own. haven't had the problem since. my google services is now usually between 3-7% of battery usage with an ocassional, but not often, 10% usage...but never higher than 10% in the last few weeks.

it doesn't hurt to turn off a few things in the background that you don't need, but in this case, i'd advise living with it for a week or two and see if it resolves itself. if not, then it's time to re-evaluate the issue and possible solutions/options. it's not worth going nuts over...at least not yet