View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
cratemonster
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell0216 View Post
Because the S4 was made with the corporate world in mind, previews and lock screen widgets are disabled when the phone is securely locked (PIN/Password). There are some 3rd party lock screens that allow app shortcuts with these security settings, requesting the unlock after choosing the app. I do not know if there's one with widgets (email) or previews since I haven't tried it.
With all the customizable options on this phone it just seems silly that they would not allow the user to determine what if any preview is displayed in secure. For most I would imagine that having the options similar to iPhone where you can at least see "gmal message from xxxx" or the first few words of a text and who the sender is would be valuable. The risk exposure is very minimal while allowing the user to be more efficient in determining and arranging priorities. It's really too bad someone has not come up with an app that replaces the lock screen with pin options and customizable preview panes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
With an unrooted device, unfortunately Samsung has locked that out (ugh).
You do have the option of rooting, and then, the xposed framework can be installed with modules that will permit lockscreen widgets on locked lockscreens.

I miss the dashclock lockscreen widget that I had on my Nexus phone.
Way too much trouble, Having an iPhone for the last 3 years and being an iMac/Macbook user I have enough to learn and tweak to get this phone setup somewhere between apple and android, but thanks anyways

I guess I can keep searching for alternatives

I'll try to figure out how to move my digital copy movies from my iMac to the phone next... ugh.