View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #986 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,475 Times in 896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
i have already disabled the crap. but it took terminal hacks.
Interesting.

Quote:
have you seen 'settings' in Unity?
Not lately. I don't do Unity. KDE all the way for me.

Quote:
there are none. only dumbed down stuff like desktop background, power, users, think Windows control panel without classic icon view.
My [unhappy] memories of dealing with window$ have faded enough that I have no idea what that would look like.

Quote:
Disabling apport:

sudo service apport stop

then there's some command involving gedit to disable it permenantly
Just FYI, it's not that it required gEdit, it required a text editor. Any editor, including mine of choice, vi, would accomplish this.

Quote:
as for Update Manager, i needed to actually run that app and turn it off.

now i just got the Google Chrome problem where i need to disable the stupid 'page(s) unresponsive' garbage that forces chrome to kill two or more of my open tabs forcing me to reload them again. i am not sure about you guys/gals but i'm even more annoyed at Google's attempt at humor lately (i hated Aw, Snap! and i hate He's Dead, jim!' even more.) i'll close tabs when i feel like it. any about:config/dev mode options in Chrome?
In general, I've literally never seen any of the issues you've described. I don't know what it is about your luck, but good grief. My *nix just works the way I want, as do my browsers. So I don't know...