Thread: General Flexible Screen version?
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
drexappeal
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencurt24 View Post
You are probably right about the 1st generation of any product. There will always be flaws in it. I'll end up getting the Black Note 3 since my S2 is going to crap.... Thanks for the reply though!
Even looking at the S1 vs. the S2 (another good comparison), it was day and night (even for Samsung). Because of the S2 success, Samsung was able to step up their US support (as compared to the S1). The S1, while successful worldwide, didn't quite get the support that was needed (official Samsung support, not talking 3rd party developer support).

The Note 1 was a "novelty" and/or "niche" device, but still gained popularity and the Note 2 took it to another level. This year, everyone's trying to tap into Samsung's market for the bigger phones, but not sure how successful they'll really be in dethroning Samsung. While the Note 3 hasn't received as many "rave" reviews as the Note 2 did, I think it still might outshine the Note 2 in the long run.

Even LG's Optimus G and Nexus. Many people were mocking the fact that LG was the manufacturer, stating their bad experiences of the past. At that time, I had even mentioned the fact that Samsung was once in the same position as LG (e.g. Lack of support from the OEM in the US, very little support form 3rd party accessory makers, and lack of "quality" build). LG's poised to make some noise and of all the reviews I've read/watched, many people have more positive things to say about the G2 than negative (and the reviews are even discounting the re-positioned power/volume buttons, due to the tap on/tap off software that LG integrated...which I must admit is pretty darn cool). Were it not for my falling in love with the Note line, especially due to the s-pen, I'd actually consider the G2.