Thread: General Flexible Screen version?
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
drexappeal
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencurt24 View Post
I hope i love the note line as much as you do. I've heard nothing but great things about the Note 2 and I was due for an upgrade in June but I thought it would be best to wait knowing the note 3 was right around the corner. What are your thoughts on getting insurance on the phone? Do you usually get it? If so, why? If not, why not?
I go with 2 years of geek squad insurance paid upfront. I haven't had to use it yet, but it covers everything except lost and stolen phones with no deductible. I used to have Sprint insurance before, which was great for years, but then something changed and all of a sudden they started charging deductible for everything and also pawning off claims on asurion instead of trying to resolve in house first.

From all the talk of people getting geek squad insurance, I decided to give it a go. It was so good that, when I was finally going to get the note 2, I had the motorola photon with geek squad protection and the manager at my local best buy was willing to give me a loaner phone, so that i could get my buy back money early and use the loaner until best buy finally got them in stock. Even though I didn't take him up on the offer, it was still awesome. I know others that have had badly broken phones and instead of going through the process of repair, best buy just opened a new phone and activated for them.

I'm sure there is an element of YMMV, but there have been many more positive stories i've heard over negative.

As for why/why not, that's a very subjective POV. I personally like the comfort of knowing any issue will be covered. I don't feel lost/stolen phone is as much of an issue with cerebrus and some other apps that hell in those situations. Geek Squad insurance also comes with their own security app that helps track lost/stolen phones.