View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1005 (permalink)
Dngrsone

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S II 'Epic 4G Touch' SPH-D710, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
No problem! That's the beauty of Linux and its plethora of distros, desktop environments, window managers, etc. To each their own.

I'm curious, though, what it is you dislike about KDE. Perhaps there are features you're unfamiliar with that--if you knew about--would make it more to your liking. Then you could have separate wallpapers per desktop like I do!
I didn't like the interface, not back in the '00s nor today. Konquerer felt too retro back then, the desktop was awkward for me and if anything, there are too many options now.

Maybe the learning curve is too high for this old dog, but I just couldn't get things working the way I wanted in a timely manner. The last time I tried (what, six months, a year ago?), I was rockin' the Unity bar hard and had everything working smoothly with my separate Firefox profiles and stuff, rotating desktops and everything, and so trying to get sorted out between the four desktops in Plasma and the programmable Workspaces was beyond me. Pick one or the other, KDE!

I don't know, maybe I will take another stab at it with Plasma 2, but I have a lot of Not Like for K-stuff right now.