View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
MYU_QPR

Device(s): HTC XE moving to Note 3
Carrier: Vodafone

I might cancel the order full stop tomorrow. We've paid for the phone so why are they restricting us?

Are mobile phone companies paying phone manufacturers to do this?

My contract is supposed to cost me 48 a month, I'm going away for 5 weeks and Vodafone's charge is as follows:

Planning to browse the web, email, or go on Facebook and Twitter while you’re away? Opt in to Vodafone Data Traveller and you’ll only pay 5 a day for 25MB for every day (midnight to midnight, UK time) you go online.

We’ll send you free texts to remind you of your daily allowance – and let you know if you’re nearing your limit.

Opting in to Vodafone Data Traveller is easy – just contact customer services.

If you choose not to opt into Data Traveller, you’ll pay our standard Vodafone World rates below.

Vodafone World – our standard rates

Make a call: 1.65 a min
Receive a call: 130 a min
Send a text: 0.35
Send a picture message: 0.37
Data: 3 per MB for up to 5MB then 15 for every 5MB after.

I will need Internet access everyday on the phone, I'll already be paying them 48 for something I will not use at all for a whole month, then they want to charge silly prices like that.

I can buy a Vodafone sim out there with 3G for less than 5.00 for the whole month.

There is no reason why Samsung or other manufacturers would do this unless they are being paid to put these restrictions on.

I may write to watchdog about this, they have a feature next week, regarding the costs of using our phones abroad.

"It's a money making scheme"
Last edited by MYU_QPR; September 25th, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MYU_QPR For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 25th, 2013)