View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #445 (permalink)
marctronixx
HTC User

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 3,068 Times in 1,798 Posts

What early means is do not discharge the battery to null when the phone's battery pack warm/hot. this will shorten the charge life of the cells in the battery.

so don't run heavy power intensive apps when your battery life is nearly depleted.

also EM answered your question about charging perfectly, but i wanted to alert you that your answers are also in this thread. here are a couple of posts direct from this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratone View Post
I just bought a HTC One.How should I charge the phone to configure the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Definitely not.

These are the newer lithium polymer batteries.

Do nothing to condition them or break them in.

Calibration happens naturally.

Forcing a battery to zero charge (your phone will shut down before that) isn't the best for battery life, neither is high temperature operation.

Just use it and don't care.
Quote:
Bump charging (successive removal and reapplication of the charger to get it to calibrate properly) is a thing of the past.

Neither is a need to fully charge and discharge.

Their battery technology took a step up in 2011 and seemed to really nail it by last year.

Use it, don't think about it, charge it. It'll start to show good performance within a few days with no babysitting.
Quote:
Not a problem.

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

The concerns noted in the article are addressed by the charging and safety circuitry in your phone.

You care more about heat.

Don't run your battery down if your phone is running hot, don't charge near freezing temperatures and if it's getting very hot while charging, shut down the phone. Those ought happen rarely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer95 View Post
It's always suggested to drain the battery down to 1-2% then recharging to 100 without any interruption and doing this for at least 5 cycles.

I don't really see it "hurting" it but in the long run it may not entirely last as long as it would have.

However for me, I've always done what you did for all batteries except for my current extended battery and I never had what you could call bad battery life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlicious1020 View Post
That was applicable to nickel batteries. If anything, you are supposed to leave the phone on the charger for an extra few hours after the charging light turns green. Do not drain the battery on purpose when you first get a phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marctronixx For This Useful Post:
Bratone (September 26th, 2013), EarlyMon (September 26th, 2013)