lol they called the nexus 4 a mid range device
but yea highly suspect article. just the way they put info down. From the research I did so far:
these observations are based on FCC or video/photo leaks so they could still change but semi confirmed
Non leaked/Speculation specs
- Case thats slightly smaller then the N4 with no SD card slot or removable battery.
- The pre-release case (read could easily change) seems to have a horizontal nexus logo and is made from some matte black plastic not glass.
- radio bands covering AT&T, TMo and Sprint.
- 1080p 4.95" screen
- Qualcom 800 CPU
- Adreno 330
- 2300 mAH battery
- Android 4.4
- just a personal observation on the CPU: I would not be surprised if they used a lower binned 800 as opposed to the higher quality one used in the G2. There are 2 grades/Clock speeds of this CPU as far as iv read on qualcoms site.
- Ram: heard everything from 2-3GB... my guess is 2GB based on what the LG G2 has.
- Memory: yea no clue here, people are all over the place from 8GB-64GB. My guess is a 16GB and 32 GB version like the Moto X, although I have this sneaky suspicion in the back of my head they could do the 8GB and 16 GB version again.
- Camera: while pics of the cam were leaked in the FCC pics and they LOOK like the G2 13MP OIS cam, its just speculation as to what its real specs are.
- Price: nobody has a clue, people hope for the $300-$350 but its pretty likely that we could get a price increase seeing how they did that with the new N7.
- Announced/Released: based on past Nexus phone releases the N5 will probably be announced sometime in October and released in November.
If I see a site deviate from those specs they lose a little credibility in my eyes unless they can back up their info with a decent source.