View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #1038 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,361 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
i see tons of parallels with Microsoft regarding Ubuntu. from error reporting, to crash protection (Windows problem reports/solutions), to random rebooting after updates (automatic updates) to various others. thankfully, it can be turned off.
And...drum-roll please...I've never experienced ANY of that. Never, ever, and I've used *buntu since its earliest days. Of course, since 5.04 it's been Kubuntu for me, but still--are you guys talking about those kinds of problems with Kubuntu, too, or just Ubuntu proper?

Quote:
one glitch i'm still trying to iron out at this time is the random (out of nowhere) issue where Chrome goes into an endless loop and chews through 100% CPU until it panics and forces a shutdown all on its own. when my machine boots up, i see this screen saying 'invalid iomem size, you might experience problems' and when i go into suspend, it says something about CPU package power limit notification. is this something i should be worried about?
I wish I knew...