View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #1056 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,535 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta23 View Post
Hello from Kubuntu!

Quote:
First impressions are that, although it is more like Windows, I think I prefer Ubuntu (but I'll assume that there's a tonne of themeing that can be done)
No. There are MANY TONS! Seriously, you could do nothing for the next week but tweak your appearance options--and remember you can have different everything per desktop (widgets, wallpaper, etc.)--and still not be 'done' (whatever that is!). In case you don't know, you can add MORE theme-related stuff from within system settings; look for buttons like 'install new themes' or 'install new schemes.'

Quote:
I'm happy that I've at least got Chrome, but the only thing that will stop me from only using Linux is that so many programs and so much software is available (is this what it's like on WP8 :P? ) Most of it I could live without (like fan controller, mouse profiles etc) but I'm still on for a dual boot maybe
Spend some time perusing the THOUSANDS of programs, widgets, apps, tweaks, system tools, etc., that are available. Fire up Synaptic and start browsing. Choose 'add widgets' on your taskbar or desktop and browse. I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoodyBlues For This Useful Post:
Mehta23 (September 30th, 2013)