Thread: Latest modems
View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #46 (permalink)
ironass

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
Is it worth experimenting with different modems?
Syd... whip round and have a strong word with your fellow Yorkshireman will you and explain to lotus49 about the arduous and dedicated testing of modems that I have carried out at the Twilight Zone pub!

To be serious, for a change, unlike the S2 modems that did fluctuate between releases, the S4 modems have been virtually identical and consistent after the initial early releases.

Quote:
The only shortcoming of my S4 is the apparently poor reception compared to my S2.
For me, the S4 offers a significant improvement over the S2 for signal strength in my location and with my carrier. However, I cannot comment on the 4G capabilities as the nearest coverage for Vodafone is London or Birmingham for me at the moment and is unlikely to materialise in my area for another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney99 View Post
Ironass. Please see me after school. You're report has not been handed in on time.....
I tried MHB and MI1 and as mentioned above, there was really no difference for me in a variety of locations. However, for some strange reason, I found a bigger battery drain when using MI1 as opposed to other modems I have tried! I have re-downloaded and re-installed it again to see if BBS will give me a reason for this... maybe a higher FD or something similar.

One of the pains is that unlike the S2 which had flashable .zip files, the S4, i9505, modems need to be flashed via Odin PC suite, (Mobile Odin doesn't seem to work for me on modems), and so I need to keep returning to the Twilight Zone.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; September 30th, 2013 at 02:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
lotus49 (September 30th, 2013)