Welcome to AF Matty!
1. I can't say I've had any issues with the camera making my handset overly hot. Are you recording videos or taking pictures?
2. The only times when my camera has "crashed" has been when I've been playing games/doing something mega intensive, then load the camera up. I'll get a message saying Temperature too hot for camera use (or something to that effect).
3. I've had a few FC's, but not really more than I'd expect. Never used SkyNews, but the SkySports app works fine.
4. Have you enabled Stamina Mode? If yes, what apps have you allowed to use the connection.
5. Works for me, but I have to leave the WiFi connection completely alone. If I notice it's on when it shouldn't be and I turn it off, it won't switch on automatically.
6. Mine is pretty instant
7. I don't use the weather widget, so can't comment, sorry.
There is a firmware update en route by all accounts, but I've not read of any one having the number of issues y
you are so you might well have a faulty handset.