October 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 6,396 Times in 4,023 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike W
Well, Scotty, (and the rest of you guys) I think I'd like to try to get my Verizon HTC One rooted. Before I start the process, can you help me walk through some of the steps? I've been reading the "HTC One root thread" and I'm a little unsure of a few things:
My goal is to have Cyanogen Mod on the phone like I did with my d-inc.
1. To start, I assume I contact Verizon and have them reactivate my dinc (the dinc has no sim, 3G, so I guess that's my only choice). It's rooted and backed up with Titanium, so I'll restore the One from that.
yup. call them,or you can reactivate it online.
2. Should I reset the phone to wipe it and remove the sim card before mailing?
3. I mail it, it comes back, do I reactivate it or wait until I've successfully flashed a rom?
id reactivate it as soon as it gets back. no reason to wait.
4. "once youve gotten s-off,you can use this guide,you just need to use a vzw compatible recovery."
How do I know what's vzw compatible? How do I get it on my phone?
same way as you flash recovery for other variants,just follow step 2
5."-put the superuser zip file onto your phones sd card"-- my phone doesn't have removable storage. Where do I put the zip file?
on the "pretend" sd card that pops up when you plug in the phone.
6. Looking ahead, there is a link now for the vzw One on Cyanogen, but only a couple of nightlies. Maybe I should wait until there's a stable build?
no harm in trying it out. you can always restore a stock backup. just look at the list of what works and what doesnt,im sure there is a support thread on xda
Thanks again for any help.
this link should help you. ive been meaning to reproduce this in the vzw section here,just havent gotten to it yet: the htc one S-OFF via java card support thread - xda-developers
comonly asked questions,and recovery links/directions in post 2
sorry for the quick response,im on my way to work... will be happy to go into more detail later
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers.
donate to my device fund