October 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,730 Posts
Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S4 T-mobile using CF Auto-Root tool:
Originally Posted by william1964
Help I just move from s3 to metropcs s4, I having problem with root access. I try odin did everything as instructed everything went smooth I got the green light PASS but went I try root checker I have no root access, then I try motochopper same thing everything went smooth I have superuser install, once again no root access. What am I doing wrong???
- Download the CF Auto Root zip for TMO Galaxy S4 from here. Save the file on your PC.
- Extract its contents and save them to a folder that’s placed on your computer’s desktop for easy access. You should get a file with the .tar.md5 extension, don’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin 3.07 from here. Extract its contents.
- Power off the Galaxy S4 TMO completely by removing its battery. Re-insert the battery after 5 seconds have passed.
- Now, boot your device into Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN exe on your PC.
- Connect the phone to your computer via USB cable. ODIN should display a confirmation message that says ‘Added!!’. Continue to the next step.
- > if Odin doesn’t recognize the phone, then you will need to change USB ports or re-install the Samsung USB drivers, a download link is listed above in the preparation guide.
- Next, click the PDA button in Odin and find the ‘CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5′. Load it into ODIN.
- > don’t change any default settings of ODIN, just make sure that the Re-Partition one is disabled.
- Click the START button when you’re ready for the installation to begin.
- After the flash is complete and the CF Auto Root tar.md5 file is installed, ODIN will say PASS and the device will restart to normal mode.
- Unplug the phone from PC and wait for the first boot process to complete.
- Check the App drawer for the SuperSU icon, which confirms that the root has been completed.
Join our Android Facebook Page Droidz DNA
Sign up for @copyapp with this link, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the usual 15 GB: https://copy.com?r=bMXFAm