View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veritas4420

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
The problem I have with nav apps is that they use databases which are out of date by the time they're issued. Same with my nuvi with lifetime maps... which I typically update as soon as the new mapset comes out. And yet there are places I go that have had road changes over a year old that still don't show on the latest mapsets.

That's one thing I like about Waze. I have yet to stump it on my normal travel paths. Otoh, when I ask it to search for something specific in my local area, it doesn't do a very good job of finding what I'm looking for unless I plug in a physical address. And Google even owns Waze.

In contrast, Google Voice Search does a very good job for me on local searches. And it gives me the option of which nav program I want to use to nav to the searched item.
You have to remember that most of the mapping is done by people that drive the vehicles around. Sometimes they do miss places/roads that have been there for years. If you find any mistakes you can always report the errors.