Thread: General Got My Note 3 Today
View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #100 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
Please let me know how to keep the display ON when making a call...
Turn off the proximity sensor
Menu>DeviceTab>Call>Uncheck the "Turn off screen during calls" toggle

For all those that are new to Android, and especially the Note series, I'd highly suggest going through every single setting, just to get familiar with what is available with the stock device. It's worth the bit of time it'll take to do that, but after you do, you can really start to enjoying the device to its fullest.

This includes all stock apps phone/text/emails/gmail/etc... It'll eliminate the device from doing something you really don't want it to do. If you're unfamiliar of how to typically get to the settings menu for each app, press the menu button once you've opened an app and the pop-up menu will normally have a settings selection.

This is somewhat of a ritual that I perform for every device I've purchased since my first smartphone and it has saved me so much time trying to get answers about little settings that are there and devote more time to customizing and enjoying the device in the long run. I've only had my Note 3 since yesterday afternoon and as soon as I got home from a days worth of errands, I sat down and went through everything.