View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #137 (permalink)
Hadron
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC One (S-Off), HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK

Thanked 5,243 Times in 3,768 Posts

I'm afraid that model number just seems to be the generic HTC One FCC ID as far as I can tell.

There are a couple of HTC One variants on the HTC China site.

One is a dual-SIM model with an SD card and 32GB of storage. There are at least 2 network versions of this. All should support quad-band GSM (2G) in both SIM slots. SIM 1 is the only one that supports 3G. The Unicom version looks like it should do North American 3G (WCDMA 850 and 1900, as well as the more global 2100). If "Mobile" refers to another network variant that has the same (plus a China-specific standard). The Telecom version says CDMA 800/1900 and UMTS 900/2100, so won't give 3G with a North American GSM network.

Then there's another version, the 801-e, which appears to be a standard GSM (non-LTE) model except that HTC's site claims it has 16GB storage. Now there are reviews for 801e which say 32GB, but as this is HTC's own site I don't easily dismiss it. So this sounds most like your model.

I'm a bit confused that you can see Rogers 2G and Wind 3G, because Wind's use of 1700 AWS would I'd have thought make it the least likely to work. But if this is a Chinese HTC One I can't see anything that suggests that LTE will work.