View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
currancchs
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Changing Boot Animation

Hi guys,

Sprint Branded HTC One - Rooted S-Off - Running Bad Boyz Sprint One Rom 4.3 Deodexed v1.0 10/5/13

No matter what I do, I cannot change the boot animations. First attempt was using Boot Animations Root, no success... Then I tried using ES File Explorer and Ghost File Commander to manually add the files. I tried renaming the bootanimation.zip file in /system/media, no success. Then I tried going into /system/customize/CID. Here there are two .xml files - default and Sprint00... I took a look inside and they reference /system/customize/resource/m7_spcs_startup_animation.zip and m7_spcs_shutdown_animation.zip for boot up/shut down animations respectively. I then renamed my new boot/down animations to those names and placed them in that folder, backing up the old by changing their name. The boot down animation worked, boot up did not. I then looked in the folder and the files had reverted to their originals. A second shutdown showed the early success of changing shutdown animation was not persistent.

I also tried changing the pointers in the .xml files to new locations (my downloads folder) with no success.

It seems that my /system/customize/resource and /system/customize/CID folders are restored on each boot. No changes I make stick after a reboot. I have heard there is a file recovery.img that recreates these folders on each boot, and I am only making changes to the unpacked files, but I have no idea how to make a change that does persist. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone knows of a way to customize what the notification pull down says at the bottom (currently says Sprint) that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!