Originally Posted by jj14x
For future, just create a list of what you want restored when you wipe your phone.
For me, I narrowed down to this list
- Shortcuts/icons/widgets - backup my Nova Prime launcher settings (have to re-add widgets)
- Photos/videos - auto-backed up to google plus/dropbox/copy
- Apps - I usually don't restore apps, and instead, just let them auto-download from the play store, and then, restore app data using titanium backup. Titanium backup can of course restore app+data as well.
- App data - titanium backup restores it
- Call logs/SMS - titanium backup can restore it
Add whatever else you need, and figure out how to backup/restore it. Then, just create a script to do all of this.
Ha. That's a good one. If I knew how to write a script I probably wouldn't still be putting off updating my device! Thanks for the help though.
Originally Posted by redstepchild
my girl has a cracked screen and Ive been too busy to sit down and save everything.. unroot.. wipe clean.. get new phone.. UPDATE then figure out how to re root again.. and then try and return her to where I am today.. feel like im fixin to climb mount everest n I'd rather put it off a day.
Yeah well look at the date of my original post. I still haven't gotten around to updating! I just haven't been able to stay up late and do it... and I need the phone functioning beyond normal business hours.
If there's any concerns with the latest versions please let me know. I'm hoping to go through the process this week.
backup>nand> photos of my layout> unroot> update> factory reset> reroot > ROM> resetup things the way I like it.
Do I have this right?
Should I be avoiding MH8 for any reason?