View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #69 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Has the existence of an efuse been confirmed?
Good point EarlyMon.

In post #1 I link to chainfire's post, here, where he states...

"I've taken a look around, I've disassembled the bootloader, etc, and it looks like an efuse might be involved ( == not resetable ). I'm not exactly sure what triggers it yet either."

However, over on xda forums thread, "Samsung Knox: Warranty Void Behavior"
there is some speculation to this and to how the Knox counter is blown, as shown in the post by the developer, DjeMBeY, here and here.

There are currently 45 pages of posts and it would appear that in the absence of an official statement from Samsung on how Knox Security actually works and what impact an increased Knox counter has on your warranty, it is all speculation thus far.

Those who know more than I, (not hard), seem to be going with the efuse embedded in the chip as this would appear to be the most likely way of flagging a security breach without the ability to reset the Knox counter by re-programming, re-flashing or using a jtag thus making Knox secure enough for its intended purpose.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
dynomot (October 9th, 2013), EarlyMon (October 9th, 2013), sntaylor (October 9th, 2013)