Thread: Accessory Note 3 cases?
View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #94 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
Sorry Kolio, missed your post.
What I have read from different sites is that the genuine S View cover has embedded pins that allow the device to wake and sleep when you open and close the cover, and that the cheap knockoffs don't have them.

Not sure if the actual functionality (S View area activated in the window) is affected at all.

I know the genuine one is expensive, but to me it looks classier and more understated. I figure I will just grimace and pay it.

They are selling them on Verizon, but you have to call and do it. It came out to a total of $62.04 which includes overnight shipping to my office.

I'm hoping the beast and his blanket get here about the same time.
THX!
You can scroll through the knock-off window,if you have the glove setting enabled,that's about it.

I probably won't opt for the real deal,don't mind paying for it,but,I'd have to try one out before forking down $60-$90 (std & QI ENABLED,avalable in 1-2 weeks from MOBILEFUN UK).

Looks nice,but,still feels a bit awkward in-hand.Ordered the "SAMSUNG" S-VIEW from e-Bay primarily because it was one of the few that were in-stock/shipping around the time I ordered my phone.I just wanted a couple of relatively cheap cases until the "perfect" case rolled along.

So,I've settled on this:

Amazon.com: Bear Motion Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Ordered this:
Amazon.com: iloome Galaxy Note3 / Note 3 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

But,I'm gonna wait to install the screen protector,if I ever do,& use this instead:

Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion

Crystalusion Liquid Screen Glass Protection for Mobile Phones Laptops Glasses | eBay