View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
BlueBiker

Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,438 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Okay, so I wanted to post this up. Despite all other colors being fantastic and my not really being bothered by this, I did notice this while texting outside, so I wanted to post pictures of what the pentile matrix looks like on white-ish backgrounds, on the phone:

I know that's an absolute deal breaker for some. I am fine with it, but it's definitely more noticeable and not as understated as the reviews that even mentioned it, including Rob's review here on Phandroid. I can visibly see the pixels from 1 foot away, but I should preface that by saying that I have close to 20/20 vision (if not better).
Those dots are wayyyyyyy too large and widely spaced to be Pentile dots. Look how sharp the text is, that tells you the pixels are much smaller, and the subpixels (either Pentile or RGB) will be even smaller still.

It may be a bad display algorithm for rendering a certain shade of background, and it may even be an intentionally patterned background that the software author thought looked nice/kewl, but those aren't Pentile dots.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueBiker For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 9th, 2013)