View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #2371 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
For those of you that were deciding between the G2 and the Note 3, if you have a real problem with Pentile matrix, I'd say you'll probably be happier with the G2.

I posted a pic I took this afternoon (in the Note 3 forums), where I can clearly see the pentile matrix (even though it's not the standard pentile configuration) and pixels, on the stock messaging app:

Keep in mind, I zoomed in to take this picture, but for those that have extra sensitive eyes, the pentile is definitely more visable than I thought it would be. It really doesn't bother me much (The Photon was worse, but I absolutely loved that phone...prior to getting the Note 2). Figured I'd post this info in here, since I have the Sprint Note 3.
Nevermind. I'm finding out that I have likely been mis-informed in the past. I've always thought that when seeing the pixels, this was a sign of pentile, but apparently that's not the case. Anyhow, other than that, the screen is absolutely awesome on the Note 3. Definitely better outside viewing (in direct sunlight) than the Note 2.