View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2373 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Hmmm...yeah I am a bit disappointed that the phone is not released by the end of Oct. The Sprint LG G2 is going to be 2 months behind the other carriers. My only guess is that the delay was on purpose to have the LTE 2600 network built out partially in as many markets as possible.

I have another question for you. Do you happen to know if the LG G2 is using a CSIM or USIM sim card? I heard that the Sprint iPhone 5S/5C uses a CSIM card with a new authentication system that allows LTE devices to be hot swapped between each other without having to contact Sprint.

There are a lot of people interested to see if the LG G2 will be the first Sprint android smartphone to use the CSIM. I for one am very interested if Sprint is moving over to the CSIM authentication system just like what Verizon uses to be able to hot swap between LTE devices.

Here are the sim card identifiers that could be in the inventory system. The first one is what the current 2013 LTE smartphones have been using which is a USIM removable sim card. The second one is what the iPhone 5S/5C should be using which is a CSIM removable sim card.

SIMCARD LTE 4FF USIM REMOVABLE

SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF CSIM REMOV2
Is there an identifier on the sim?