Thread: Support Wi-Fi issue
View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #139 (permalink)
juanito157

Device(s): Motorola Droid HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
I am having the issue as well. I just got my S4 a week ago. I am on VZW and I have a ASUS RT-N66U router. I tried most of the tricks mentioned here (and some others) without any luck.

I connect fine, stay connected for a time (sometimes for a while, sometimes only for minutes), then it loses connectivity. I can toggle wifi off and on to regain it immediately, or just wait it out, but this really is an issue.

It is a frustrating, grating issue on a phone I just love otherwise. What a shame, and what a pain! I hope there is some upcoming update to address this, though given how sporadic and inconsistent the problem seems to be, I am not very confident one is forthcoming ...

I connect using 5ghz and have zero connect problems now.. So problem solved at home... At my gym still having a problem since they only have 2.4 ghz available and my cellular connection isn't great at the gym so can't always use Pandora when working out... I'm glad that at the very least my problem at home is solved.. I use my s4 as an air mouse in my living room (TV is connected via Hdmi to my pc) and it was frustrating always losing the connection even though it clearly sees it just wouldn't stay connected