View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:54 AM   #77 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
I think you just want to make our soggy moggy paranoid !
... and your point is?

Quote:
Seriously, you have trawled the depths of Wikipedia and probably found the real answer. I'll claim an intelligent guess though.
The ability to add Knox to older phones such as the S3 would indicate that the wherewithal to implement Knox has been present for some time. Be it in the Qualcomm chip or elsewhere. Therefore, I surmised, that since it had not been implemented earlier it was because of the necessary software and licensing.

Quote:
Earlymon sums this whole debacle well, its about $'s at the end of the day. Android now is dominant, it needs new markets to grow further. Knox has given Samsung at least a way in.
I would tend to agree with that inasmuch as the BYOD market is huge worldwide and Samsung needed to gain approval for its latest devices from government, defence and corporate IT departments for devices that could offer a separate and secure environment on their phones such as that offered by Blackberry, for instance. As it states in this Centrify release...

"Centrify can leverage Samsung's extensive global sales and marketing teams to promote its solutions to the wide network of Samsung customers, carriers and channel partners."

UPDATE

Have further updated post #1 with what is currently known about Knox, so far.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; October 10th, 2013 at 06:57 AM. Reason: updated info
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (October 10th, 2013)