View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1148 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,363 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
I ran this script in ChromeOSs terminal and it auto boots to Ubuntu on its own (I have zero access to ChromeOS even if running the reverse script in Ubuntu ) but sits at a warning screen for a minute before (OS VERIFICATION IS OFF). I don't think you can disable that boot screen...
Guess what I'm doing right now? I'm doing the ChrUbuntu thing. Will see if I like that better than what I had last night.

Quote:
The terminal in ChromeOS is ctrl-alt-F2. If it isn't working for you Moody I don't know what...
Will try again when it's accessible...although it will be a moot point, if I don't have to actually see ChromeOS when this is done.

ETA: Okay, I feel like I'm in an endless loop of getting nowhere. I've followed the instructions here to the letter. Everything seems to be cranking along as expected. But not exactly.

The first issue is that I'm never given the partition sizing option mentioned in #6 and #7.

And then, after it says it's done and I can now hit [enter] to start ChrUbuntu, when I hit [enter] I get ChromeOS. It says I can log in with user user and password user, but that certainly doesn't work since I'm back in ChromeOS. Using [ctrl][atl][-->] to get a terminal, I cannot log in with that user name and password. So I log back in as user chronos, and go through the steps again...and that's where the endless loop comes in. It's like lather, rinse, repeat.

WHAT am I missing?

Last edited by MoodyBlues; October 10th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.