View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
nytmare

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi, I assume you opened the folder and installed the drivers, or go to "Control Panel", "Device Manager" scroll down to the USB ports, usually the first two are the 3.0 ones, right click, select "Properties" and then "Drivers", select "Update Drivers", then "Browse my computer for driver software", then use the Browse to point it to where you have unzipped the drivers to, I usually put them on the Desktop, they are easier to find. Phil
Hmmm... I'm going to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Generic USB Hub (that's what the first two are called). I right click on the first and there's an option to update the driver. I navigate to the folder where I saved the extracted file and it will only allow me to select the folder where I've saved it (it won't display the actual extracted .exe file). Thinking it'll find the file, I simply select the folder and select "Next". When I do that, I get a message indicating that my drivers are up to date and that no action is necessary. So, it doesn't seem as though Windows 8 will let me purposely update the driver using the file you pointed me to.

Thanks for the assistance (greatly appreciated), but this seems to be a never ending rabbit hole.
Last edited by nytmare; October 13th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.