Thread: Accessory Let's talk screen protectors!
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #38 (permalink)
NeoGrandizer

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
Cool you've try many of the major players. A few posts back was the bodyguardz. From the website seems awfully good. Not seen that name in this group though. For $44 I would hope it darn nice.

In you option what are the top 3 or 4?
My experience with PET films are simply:

Brando Workshop: used them back in the day of Palm and Windows Mobile. Nice protectors, fast shipping, can remove and reuse protector. Able to clean screen with a bit of soap and water. Ultra Clear screen is vibrant. However, texture of screen may be a con for some. It has a 'grippy' feeling on the screen. But not sure how their protectors are now.

Otterbox: No good, scratched it good in a few days of use.

Boxwave: Again, no good as I managed to scratch it up after a few days of use as well.

Tempered Glass Protectors:

Spigen: Great protector. Lasted quite a long time before I gave my Note away. Only problem was some input issues. Also (at the time) glass was not rounded and could be chipped if not careful. But could be fitted into a case like Otterbox Commuter without conflict. Pen glided over it easily without issue.

Seidio: Also a great protector. Still holding strong and no scratches yet. No input issues and will fit most cases since glass does not fully cover the entire screen. Pen glides over it very easily. Too slick for my tastes which is why I switched from a plastic nib to a flex nib. Offers a little bit of grip to give a pen on paper feel.

If I managed to destroy my glass protector (or get a new device), I might give the Brando ones a shot to see how it is. I was not disappointed by their PET films back in the day.

EDIT: forgot to mention Spigen for PET films. They are good and they come with two protectors for the cost. The only thing wrong with them is that you need to have a microfiber cloth to properly clean the screen. Smears are noticeable on the protector. I only used the ultra oleophobic. Not sure about the others.
Last edited by NeoGrandizer; October 15th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoGrandizer For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 15th, 2013)