View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Regarding the headband size, it is adjustable/expandable so there is definite a room to grow. My only concerns that an actual distance between cans might be a bit narrow. In theory that is compensated by very generous size of marshmallow earpads (and they really feel like fluffy marshmallows ). So perhaps with extra stretch it will still be comfortable.

Noise canceling is Passive which for this kind of a design preferable. This is on-ear, not over-ear headphones, and they will seal your ears very well from outside noise. I absolutely hate implementation of active noise canceling in most of the headphones (except Bose). That annoying hissing noise gets on my nerves and ruins quite parts of the song by raising the noise level. Beats and others implement active noise canceling by simply sampling outside noise, inverting it, and summing together with original waveform to cancel it out. There is hardly any other post sampling or filtering, thus you get hissing noise. In this case, passive noise canceling is adequate.

Regarding Neutron Media Player - Neutron Music Player , it's 32-/64-bit audio processing will have a better resolution/representation of original audio signal (just think of it as pixitaled lo-res picture versus smooth hi-res picture), and you have 3 ways of how to resample the signal (fast to save cpu, medium, or audiophile quality). Plus, it does dithering of the signal to smooth out digital distortion. Furthermore, it has crossfeed dsp audio effect for adjustment of stereo separation while listening on headphones. Plus it has very accurate parametric EQ where it transparently adjust the sound. There is a very accurate Rumble DSP filter to cut any noise below 20Hz (you can do that with a regular EQ without cutting a big chunk of low frequency band), you can normalize your tracks for uniform sound level, enable audio gain processing, apply surround effect, etc. A lot of controls for headphone and smart phone use. One of the most fantastic controls is enabling Proximity Sensor to control your music. So while you playing a song you wave your hand once to skip to next song, twice to go to prev track, and cover proximity sensor to stop/pause and again to resume. There is a ton more options and setting to go through. Plus, once you register on Google Play (free version is trial for 5 days, then it cost $4.99 for the app), you can go to their webpage and get special Neutron+Neon optimized version (works great on Samsung device, on my Note 2 or yours Note 3) and it actually accelerate the performance by almost 40%. I highly recommend this app!

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
Methos1979 (October 15th, 2013)